A dedicated space
for developer experience
What is developer experience?
Developer experience - our daily experience when trying to get the job done. All of that should be efficient, sustainable and joyful.
Happy developers build better software!
The myriad of tools that are released each single day initially sounded like the promised developer-land. While choice is great, it doesn't necessarily make our lives easier. How does that feel?
[..] developers are forced to borrow time from writing code and redirect it towards managing the issues associated with highly complex, multi-factor developer toolchains held together in places by duct tape and baling wire.”
The Developer Experience Gap” by Stephen O'Grady, Redmonk
There is light at the end of the tunnel.
Individual developers, teams and projects start to think deeply about design, style and taste for tools to help us get into a flow focused on what we all love most: being creative and writing elegant code.
What all of them have in common is the desire to delight, the desire to reduce friction, and the desire to leverage automation to create a Swiss clockwork that works reliably below the surface.
This community is for them.
What is this community?
With developerexperience.us and our DevX activities, we want to create a shared space for those that work on creating a better developer experience for all of us.
DevX leaders come together in our DevX community to connect, create, and exchange learnings and insights.
As part of our community, you will get visibility as DevX leader, networking opportunities, share real-world experiences and be part of a bigger mission.
How to join?
1. RoleYou are in a Head of Developer Experience, Head of Platform, Senior DevX Engineer or similar role that is fully dedicated to developer experience.
2. PrinciplesYou align with our community manifesto and are eager to share your knowledge and learnings to make the developer experience space better for all.
Learn more about developer experience
We are creating a multi-media knowledge base to help demystify the world of developer experience. Start here!
DevX Blog is a community-driven platform for articles and interviews on developer experience. We highlight and create content to help those working in developer experience get even better at their job.
DevX Conf is a virtual conference on developer experience that happens every year. DevX practitioners at leading companies discuss their best tools, processes, and latest learnings.
How Spotify engineers use Backstage- Himanshu Mishra (Spotify)
Remote development can improve your developers remote work experience- Maya Kaczorowski (Tailscale)
The Next Generation of Developer-First Products- Zeno Rocha (WorkOS)
Designing for developers- Boris Kirov (Elastic)
DevX Pod features in-depth interviews with DevX experts. Hosts Pauline Narvas and Chris Weichel speak with developer experience leaders to unpack the ins-and-outs of the field.
Exchange ideas and knowledge with DevX leadersJoin the community
- Developer Experience Infrastructure (DXI) by Kenneth Auchenberg
- Developer Experience (DX) at DAZN by Cirpo
- Akita Engineering Blog by Akita (Jean Yang)
- Teale Blog by Geoffrey J. Teale
- The Sourcegraph Podcast by Beyang & Quinn
- Scaling DevTools by Jack Bridger
- Developer Experience by Algolia
- NerdOut@Spotify by Spotify R&D
- DevOps Deployed by DevOps Directive
- DX Tips: The DevTools Magazine by swyx
- Developer Experience by Prokop Simek
DevX Community was built by a community of industry experts
Do you have valuable knowledge to share and are driven to create better experiences for developers?Join the community